Clinics & Services
We hold a number of clinics for both preventing disease and for reducing harm from existing conditions:
- Adult Immunisations – including Flu, Tetanus, Polio, Pneumonia and Hepatitis B
- Asthma and COPD Checks - our practice nurse Fiona has had special training in the care of people with asthma, and will be happy to see you. We recommend that all our patients with asthma/COPD have a special check for their asthma/COPD at least once a year.
- Child Immunisations - We encourage all children and young people to complete a full course of immunisation. Clinics are held on Tuesday & Thursday Mornings from 10.00 till 11.00
- Coronary Heart Disease Clinic - our nurse Lorraine has been specially trained to help you keep well. During this clinic she will ask about your symptoms, and your lifestyle. She will check your weight and blood pressure and review the results of your recent blood tests. She can then use this information to advise you on how best you can keep healthy. She may adjust your medication.
- Contraception - We don't hold a special clinic for contraception; just make an appointment during ordinary surgery time. You can see any of ourfamily planning trained nurses or one of the GP's.
- Diabetic clinic - Nicola Bauckham is our practice nurse with a special interest in the care of diabetic people. She will have arranged for you to have some special blood tests at the hospital, before the clinic, to monitor your kidney function and to estimate how well your diabetes is controlled.
- Help for smokers - If you are thinking about stopping, why not make an appointment to see nurse Lorraine who has had special training to help you stop
- High Blood Pressure Clinic (Hypertension) - Please book with Fiona for your hypertension appointment
- Minor surgery - we are able to perform a number of minor operations in our special minor surgery theatre such as the removal of small cysts and other benign lumps, injecting joints and removing in-growing toenails. Many of these are performed using a local anaesthetic. Treatment follows an initial assessment by your GP.
- Psychological Treatments - a psychologist visits our surgery as part of the IAPT programme. If you think this treatment could help you, speak to any of us at the surgery and we can refer you to her.
- S-Tox Clinic - Dr Acorn runs a private cosmetic clinic for anti-wrinkle and complexion treatments. Leaflet available at reception or click here for further information.
- Travel Advice - If patients are travelling abroad, please visit www.travelhealthpro.org.uk, for advice on vaccination s required.
- Vasectomy Clinic - here at Stock Surgery we have a highly specified operating theatre. It is the perfect environment for all forms of operation where local anaesthetic is used, including non-scalpel vasectomy.
We are now using DoctorLink
We have been looking at how we can improve access to Practice services; DoctorLink is our new online service where you can:
Sign-up is simple and you can create an account here https://app.doctorlink.com/stocksurgery/register
For all urgent appointments, we ask that you undertake a symptom assessment through DoctorLink.
The symptom assessment will ask you a number of questions to help to identify your problem.
The outcome of your assessment will direct you to the right treatment, whether emergency care, your GP, nurse or self-care.
If your outcome indicates that an appointment is required at your GP practice, you simply click on the “request an appointment” button.
Once the request has been submitted, you will then be contacted by the Practice Team, to arrange an appointment within the identified timeframe (as outlined in the outcome of your symptom checker).
The information you provide will be shared with our clinical team (where appropriate) and will assist in providing robust information of your problem to the required clinical team member prior to your appointment.